Deacon Charles Jackson
The mission of the Deacon Ministry is to promote the general welfare of the church and to serve the needs of the church, especially in those areas which release the ordained ministry for more time in "prayer and ministry of the word."
- 1 Timothy 3:8-11, 12-13
- James 5:14
- Titus 1:5
- 1 Corinthians 11:1-3
- Acts 14:23
- To assist the Pastor in administering the ordinances of Baptism and the Holy Communion.
- To promote Love, Harmony, and Fellowship within the church.
- To be concerned with the welfare of the total church membership.
- To make a contribution to effective church leadership.
- To serve with a conviction that Christian service is the work of God.
- To be in good standing and in attendance at Worship Service.
- To be as loyal to the program of the church as the pastor
- To accept pastoral functions during the pastor’s absence or illness
- To help visit every member that is in the church
- To attend scheduled Deacon Ministry meetings and support spiritual education by the Church
(Sunday School & Bible Study)
- To Serve and to work by day and night
- To offer sympathy and spiritual comfort
- To assist the Pastor in visiting the sick
- To assist in making emergency decisions
When: The Saturday before the 1st Sunday of each month @ 9 am
Where: OGBC (Subject to Change)